Time with Mom

Time with Mom
kissin' cam at the Ranger Game

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

NICOLE COMING HOME TODAY

I've had mother for 2 weeks now and I'm exhausted!!!!! When Mom left rehab we were told she needed to either be in an assisted liveing facility or have full time help at home. She really wanted to stay in her home so we hired Nicole to move in with her.

Nicole is really great with Mom and it's working out real well. One problem, 3 wks after she started she left on a 2 wk vacation to New York to visit her mother and sister. This left me and my family to take care of mom 24/7. WHAT A JOB.

Mom can't remember much of anything now. bathing, medicine, dressing, and eating are just a few of the simple things she can no longer do for herself. We have a nurse that comes in once a week and she sees both her family doctor and her heart doctor at least once a month.

Don't get me wrong. Having Mother here is worth any extra that I have to do, but being 66 myself means i move slower too.

Mom's short term memory is gone and she may ask me the day of the week or who someone is 20 times a day. At least it's usually different questions each day so I get to do new answers every 24 hours.

Today is the last day of Nicole's vacation so she's on her way home. I should be at the lakehouse within 3 hrs of her arrival! I can set and do nothing for a couple of days then it's back here. Nicole has tues and fridays off. Believe me. Those days are fun with Mom and I look forward to them.

Well, I must get back to doing the laundry and cleaning house before she gets here. Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment