Time with Mom

Time with Mom
kissin' cam at the Ranger Game

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Tales from the road

Hi everyone, I set this blog up on Thursday the 12th which was my birthday. I wrote alot but didn't save it and thus. I HAVE NOTHING!!! So I'm going to try again to start this blog for the world to enjoy.

First let's discuss the name "65 and Better". I am 65 and I love it so I decided life only keeps getting better so that's why I named it "65 and Better.

2/9/09 Left home traveling with Roy going to Houston. His work my leisure

2/10/09 Met David and Linda Teekel for dinner at Papadoux. It was very good. I'm not into seafood so had their grilled chicken. All of us enjoyed our choices from the menu and particularly enjoyed catching up with David and Linda. My 65th birthday celebration got started with a seranade by the resturant and friends of Happy Birthday.
David and Linda were in our college and career class while they were attending Arlington Baptist College. That was a few years ago because they now have children who would be in that class. They are both very precious to us and we certainly enjoyed the evening.

2/11/09 Headed for Louisiana! Drove to Thibidoux and spent the night there. Roy had an am appointment. I slept in!! Leaving town we past a small decaying church with a small family cemetary behind it. We stopped and took pictures and wondered around the old church and grounds. Made you think about the people who worshipped there and were buried right behind the church. Didn't look as if anybody came by anymore.

2/12/09 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME - We spent the 12-14th in New Orleans. It's Mardi Gras time so it was really interesting down on Burdon Street. Roy worked some while we were there and while he worked I went sight seeing. A lot of rebuilding and repair has been done since the hurricane but there's still much to be done. Seeing both New Orleans and Galveston helped me to really see how devestating both hurricanes were.
Well Friday night we went to Ruth's Chris for dinner and then watched a Mardi Gras parade. Of course we went to a family parade so no nudity. It's amazing how lavish the floats were. Some of you may remember that several years ago Roy won a contest and our prize was to ride on a float. Well believe me it's alot more fun to just watch one. The one time adventure was great but once was enough. That riding and throwing stuff was boring and tiring after the first hour.

2/14/09 HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY. Drove home. Okay listen to this one. I got a SPEEDING TICKET. It wasn't even fair!! We all know that if the speed limit is 70 that means 79. Right? Well this tacky La Highway Patrolman stopped me for going 77. Also, La cars were passing me by left and right. I think he needed to meet his "quota" and was "picking on" Texans. I didn't say one word to him but, sure did let my dear Roy hear how I really felt!!!


2/15/09 Went to church Sunday morning and then headed for Colorado. Okay, 13 hrs on the road up here was just tooooooooooo much. I told Roy that 8-10hrs without a hotel room was going to by my limit. I hurt so bad when we finally checked in at 3:30am that I don't remember a thing til noon.

2/16/09 We are in Fort Collins today and it is simply a beautiful day. I always love it here. Today you can't tell where the clouds end and the snow covered mountains start. The weather is a comfortable 50-52 and it feels great.
Oh yeah! one complaint
Those of you who know my husband know his love for Motel 6. Well after a birthday week of nice hotels (of course he thinks M6 is nice) it was back to M6 last night. I was so tired though that I didn't even care. I've come to the conclusion that if I take my own pillow, my own blanket, my own towel and washcloth and it has a bathtub I can handle this just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment